Position: Learning Design and Development Manager
Company: Innovara, Inc.
Location: Hadley, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full Time Employee
Years of Experience: 3 to 5+ Years in designing and developing training programs
Education Level: College Degree or equivalent
Career Level: Responsible for designing and developing training programs and related services, including digital learning, for healthcare industry
Priority: Candidates with other bona fide experience in pharmaceutical industry, sales, sales management and/or sales/sales management/marketing. Platform training skills a plus.
About the Job
Sub Title: Learning Design & Development
Description: INNOVARA, INC. is seeking a full-time Learning Design and Development Manager. Role includes, but is not limited to: standardizing existing instructional materials and training programs; designing quality curricula incorporating new and innovative methods for in-person and web-based or other digital trainings; assessing curricula to ensure it meets intended objectives and requirements; providing analysis, advice and/or implementation assistance on training strategies; assessing and evaluating instructional materials and trainings to ensure intended objectives and requirements are met; continually updating training materials to incorporate evaluation recommendations; and designing a learning framework and monitoring learning outcomes. International travel may be required in support of this contract. The Manager will also be responsible for assisting to develop new business by identifying follow-on work with existing clients and supporting major proposal efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Personal / Team Development
• Demonstrates and advocates the INNOVARA, INC. core values through behaviors; sets high personal standards for integrity and performance/conduct
• Demonstrates ability to be a team player and collaborator; contributes to high performing, positive work environment including the extended team (our consultants and trainers around the world) and customers
• Works quickly, proactively and independently; able to multi-task (work on several projects simultaneously)
• Demonstrate expertise in healthcare industry learning and development, and serves as a specialist in this regard
• Demonstrates high level of commitment to client and trainer/consultant success
• Delivers timely and quality services that meet or exceed internal customers (consultants, trainers) and client’s expectations for engagement and learning outcomes
• Effectively interacts with clients in the US and around the globe; understands the fundamentals of the client’s business and learning and development needs and is able to translate these into customized learning solutions, including assessments to evaluate results
• Assists to develop new business as may be needed, such as contribution to proposals, identification and communications with decision-makers involved in learning and development programs, and occasional participation in client meetings (virtual and in person)
• Identifies potential add-on work and supports proposal development following successful completion of initial projects or programs
• Supported proposal preparation for a new engagement
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of INNOVARA, INC. products and services
• Creates new overviews for programs or services that future clients may desire, to support selling efforts of consultants/trainers in the field and around the globe
Other duties as assigned
Supervision: Varies by project and lead consultant. Day to day supervision by Chief Operating Officer.
Experience/ Education/ Certifications
• College degree and 3+ years of relevant experience required; graphic design and instructional design certification a plus
• Prior experience working with international learning and development organizations, in healthcare industry (preferably pharmaceutical and/or devices)
• Prior experience designing and/ or evaluating learning and development programs and activities (and related services)
• Working with and/or designing learning for those for whom English is a second language (with core programs developed in English)
• Ability to travel internationally as well as in the USA, without limitation and restriction
Specialized Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to manage multi-layered, time sensitive activities.
• Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Office –Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required and digital learning software/media.
• Excellent English language skills (written and verbal)
• Optional: Fluency and literacy in a second language (preferably Spanish or French)
• Optional: Knowledge and understanding of the international learning and development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; conducts and/or analyzes internal, secondary and other research to inform potential learning and development solutions and makes specific, actionable recommendations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics or lacking specific experience
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written, qualitative and quantitative information related to learning and development initiatives
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; values and seeks inputs from a globally, linguistically, and culturally diverse workforce
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values. Respects and works according to laws of intellectual property
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes learning and development market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions
• Planning/ Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans; is flexible to accommodate unexpected requirements of clients and/or Innovara consultants/trainers
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
• Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Language Skills – Excellent English skills and computer skills required. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Able to work with Excel to a high level of proficiency
• Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, propose solutions, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on those data
• Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, type or hear, and to climb stairs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
• During bad weather or if communications or work is needed to be done outside of office hours, is able to work from home
• The office and surrounding property are non-smoking. Smoking, uses of e-cigarettes, tobacco, marijuana and/or consumption of alcohol are strictly prohibited
• Certain routine office maintenance is shared by all employees
Innovara, Inc., LLC (INNOVARA, INC.) is a woman owned small business that was established in 1983. INNOVARA, INC. serves a wide array of clients from teaching hospitals to commercial businesses
Compensation and Benefits:
INNOVARA, INC. offers competitive benefits to our employees. In addition to a salary base and compensation plan for all of our positions, we also offer medical insurance. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture both in the US and globally.
INNOVARA, INC. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status. For those interested in the position, please send your resume to Renée Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your resume to Innovara, 105 Middle Street, Hadley, Ma 01035.