CMATD is excited to share details of our August event. We realize the summer can be a tough time to join in person so we are offering a virtual program with our very own superstar, Katy Tynan, Director of Technology. Katie is the bestselling author of practical guides to leadership and career development, and an internationally recognized expert on how work is evolving. More on her bio here.
Join us online on August 15 at noon for “Climbing the Career Jungle Gym”
There are no straight lines in career development these days. What used to be a ladder now looks more like a jungle gym. Should you focus on the management track, or pursue specialized skills and knowledge? What are the most valuable skills in today’s job market? How do you stay on top of your game, and avoid becoming obsolete? In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn how to take the lead in your personal professional development, and how to build on your strengths to develop a plan for your career journey!
- Understand the new model of career growth (lattice vs. ladder).
- Identify different types of career growth opportunities.
- Create strategies to navigate your career journey successfully.
Have you set summer career reading goals? Our board has set some fantastic reading goals to learn new concepts or techniques or perhaps brush up on skills learned years ago. Such is the case of Directors of Finance and Communications, they plan to reread chapters from “The Six Disciplines of Breakthrough Learning” by Roy V. H. Pollock, Andy Jefferson, and Calhoun W. Wick. Stay tuned to and chime in on our LinkedIn Page and Group* for more sharing and discussions of our summer reading.
*Join the Group:
Search for "ATD Central Mass"
Click "More" and choose "Groups"
Click our group, then click "Join" in the top right
ATD New England is seeking speaker proposals for the 2020 conference. As we enter a new decade of Talent Development, we want to go in with our eyes wide open for a clear vision of the future. The deadline is Friday, August 16, 2019. For details can be found here. This year they are looking for presenters to address:
How will your organization approach talent development and when to invest in upgrades and modifications along with the infrastructure to support it?
What resources will you have and constraints do you face?
How do you assess an organization’s requirements capacity to evolve how it meets learning needs?
How do you overcome preconceived notions of training and ensure that your talent development program delivers the desired learning outcomes?
How do you create an organizational portfolio for talent development?
Sessions should be highly interactive, thought provoking, and provide creative ideas that can shape and advance the learning and performance of individuals, leaders, teams and organizations. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ATD New England Area Conference will take place on Friday, March 27th from 8 am to 5 pm. There will be a networking reception the evening before on Thursday, March 26th.
- The reception and conference will be held at the Four Points by Sheraton Norwood in Norwood, Massachusetts.
- We are seeking a total of 16 presentations/workshops each delivered one time during the event.
- Attendees will select one of four concurrent presentations to attend during each of four time slots. The ATD NEAC grows each year with increasing numbers of attendees, exhibitors and sponsors. This year, 300 attendees are expected from throughout the region (CT, MA, ME, NH, RI, VT). Speaking at our event is a way to be a significant contributor to ATD, and to our profession.
- We look forward to receiving your application!